Opportunities, Tasks and ToDoist for SugarCRM — part II

Subject Well, there was the part I, so it’s time to write part II. Hre I’ll focus on the integration with the ToDoIst site (https://todoist.com) using their REST API. Here is the link to the documentation: https://developer.todoist.com/rest/v8/ Symptoms Actually, I wrote a draft of this article a long time ago and haven’t touched my CRM application…

Add custom action button to the Opportunity screen in SuiteCRM (SugarCRM)

Subject When working with an opportunity, I would like to change the status of the Opportunity also making some extra logic to execute. For example, when applied online for an opportunity, there is not much information to be added to the opportunity, just to change the status, create a log record (Activity) and to create…

Monitor bacula backup jobs with zabbix

Subject There is an email notification mechanism built in into bacula out of the box. It really sends out email notification after each job.┬áThis works, but in the case a job is stuck and who reads emails after all? So I decided to make my zabbix monitoring solution to handle this. Symptoms Here is what…

Opportunities, Tasks and ToDoist for SugarCRM — part I

Subject When new Opportunity created or its status changed, new Task to be created and also new Task in ToDoist application to be created. Optional: when Opportunity is closed, all open Tasks to be closed as well, also on ToDoist. Symptoms Certain parts of this logic were already in place, relaying on the Process Manager…

md raid and zabbix

Subject In this article I explain how to setup Software RAID monitoring with zabbix. The solution will use two ways – active monitoring (polling) of an array status and passive traps for array events, sent out by the mdadm daemon. Symptoms There were two challenges to deal with. First, even configured properly the e-mail notification…

Many-to-many relationships in SugarCRM via REST and perl

Subject In my previous article “Create appointments (meetings) in SugarCRM via REST and perl” I described how I created appointments using Web services. This worked, but with one major glitch – solution provided didn’t put appointment status in accepted for the appointment owner and I was determined to solve this. So, read on. Challenge An…